If you believe that you are being harassed or discriminated against because of your race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, receipt of public assistance or record of offence, see Guidelines for Students or Guidelines for Employees. Procedures in the case of sexual violence and sexual harassment are laid out in the Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy.
- Safety and Support Office - Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment (sex, sexual orientation)- 416-978-2266
- Anti-Racism and Cultural Diversity Office (race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed) - 416-978-1259
- Sexual & Gender Diversity Office - 416-946-5624
- Health and Well Being - Programs and Services (for faculty and staff with a concern relating to a disability) - 416-946-5873
- Accessibility Services: St. George Campus - 416-978-8060/416-978-7677
- Accessibility Resource Centre: UTM Campus - 905-569-4699
- Accessibility Services: UTSC Campus - 416-287-7560
At any time you may seek advice from one of the University's Equity Offices. The appropriate office depends upon the nature of your concern. For example:
If you remain uncertain about how to proceed, or if you feel that your concerns have not been adequately addressed as a result of these consultations, please contact us.
For more information about the University’s commitment to human rights and the equitable treatment of its members, please follow the links below.
- Statement on Equity, Diversity and Excellence (2006)
- Statement on Prohibited Discrimination and Discriminatory Harassment (1994)
- Statement of Commitment Regarding Persons with Disabilities (2004)
- Sexual Harassment: Policy and Procedures (2016)
- Statement on Human Rights (2012)
- Statement of Institutional Purpose (1992)
- Statement on Freedom of Speech (1992)
- Employment Equity Policy (1991)